Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A "Feel Good" Moment

 Today is off and on blustery with threatening clouds that look heavy with rain but then the sun creeps through for minutes, the wind rushes through the trees, and then it's stormy again. I've been at my computer most of the day doing a rewrite of one of the stories in our "Crime, Mistakes and Misdemeanors" chapter of our up-coming book, "West Danville, Vermont, Then and Now," and have been watching the weather as I try to piece together numerous newspaper articles with several personal interviews on this story. I finished a few minutes ago and sent it off to my co-authors, Patty and Dot. Once they have given me their input, it will go to our editor. 

A few minutes ago I was checking my email - I "come up for air" every once in a while when I'm writing to do that - and one email that I'd archived caught my attention. It was from Brad Towne a couple weeks ago - and had this photo attached. It is beautiful and I thought now would be an excellent time to share it. I hope it offers a "feel good" moment for you, as it did for me. Thanks again, Brad, for a another great picture!






There is a distinct feeling of autumn in the air these days. Each week the temperature sneaks down a little lower and before long we'll be getting frost warnings. I noticed a cricket chirping loudly last week - a sure sign summer is about over. Now the hurricane season is here in full force - it's almost like there never was much relief from storms this year. We probably should be prepared for a doozie of a winter this year.

No comments:

April Showers

Our April Showers are darned cold this morning. My outside temperature reading is 37.5F and there is a bit of wind out of the NW. It isn'...