I hadn't expected to write this sort of message today, but here it is. There is some evidence that someone has been dumping bags of garbage in the woods opposite cottages on West Shore Road - in the area of Nate Drown's and the Somerville cottages.
This comes soon after the reports of garbage strewn about on West Shore Road - but after hearing details, it seems these are probably two different problems. I suppose an animal might drag a bag of garbage into the woods, but in hearing more about it, this seems to be something a human probably did. We'd like to think it was an oversight - perhaps forgotten as they packed up to leave camp, but however it happened, it is troubling until more is known about the circumstances.
Residents in the vicinity are asking for people to be on the lookout and to report any such activity in the future. In the meantime, it will be cleaned up and hopefully it won't happen again.
Monday, July 20, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well - Happy Birthday to Me! I've made it through another year and almost to the anniversary of tearing the ligament in my knee a year ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment