Just a sifting of new snow to measure this morning - actually I had to report it as a "trace." It's spring-like and we've had a little rain this afternoon. The temperature is down from what it was around noon when I walked up Jamie and Marie's hill - it was about 39 degrees then and is at 35 now. Still - feels a lot like spring.
I can't believe we'll be setting our clocks ahead this weekend. But then, March brings lots of changes. The Joe's Pond Association Ice-Out Contest is gearing up now and you only have the month of March left in which to buy tickets. Pay on line tickets are available now, and there have already been several sales - all out of state, but all good guesses!
We posted a short time ago that Rachel Lewis had passed away, and this weekend we got word that her home on Sandy Beach Road is now on the market. It's a great spot, and I'm sure it won't be on the market very long. It is a year-around home, as I recall, and has been very well kept.
Town meetings tomorrow - in one form or another, but if you haven't voted, you can do so until 7 p.m. Some people have absentee ballots and if you didn't get yours in the mail in time, you could drop it off any time until 7 p.m. tomorrow, as well. Some towns have had informational meetings earlier but will then meet for voting tomorrow. The only way to get changes made is to vote. Your vote does count!
Monday, March 02, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Buttoning Up for Winter!
When I mentioned a couple days ago that there will be a turkey dinner served in Cabot on Saturday, September 26, I didn't have all the i...
-
This has been a chilly, rather dull day. Having to set the clocks back last night made everything a bit topsy-turvey today, I suppose, but ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
No comments:
Post a Comment