Saturday, November 02, 2019

David Talbot

I just received sad news from Marti Talbot. David passed away yesterday. While this was not unexpected, we are still very sad to learn he lost his valiant battle with cancer. It has been a very difficult road for both Marti and David, but they have handled it all with amazing grace and strength. We will  miss David - he was an exceptional gentleman - and he had an equally exceptional partner in all of this, Marti. Here is what she wrote for friends and family:

 Hi all,
 This is an email that I had hoped to have never written.  I know some of you have already heard and I am sorry I have to write instead of calling you all.

Yesterday afternoon my soul mate and best friend, David could no longer fight the cancer battle and died at home with Amanda and Brent and me with him.

He later took his last trip which was to Dartmouth where he donated his body to the medical school. We have had this set up since 1999 and they were able to accept him.

We are having a celebration of life for him at Plymouth Heritage House on November 24th at 1:00 PM. David had all this planned.

I know some have already asked and here is the info...David set up a scholarship at Plymouth so donations can be given to that in his name. www.Plymouth.edu/giving/donate



Thank you again for all your love and support.
Please feel free to pass this on to others
Love Marti (and David)
For those of you who may wish to send a note or card to Marti, her address is: 
8 Courtney Road, N. Woodstock NH 03262.

I also want to share with you what David's sister, Carolyn Hamilton wrote to me today:


David enjoyed his summer at Joe's Pond which was his goal. He had enjoyed boat rides and visits from his Joe's Pond friends and family. 
Carolyn Hamilton

No comments:

AND THE WINNER IS . . . !

The winner of the 2024 Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest is Stuart Ramsdell of Danville. Stuart is retired and bought five tickets at Hastings ...