Joanne Stewart sent a link to a story in VTDigger about the new manufacturing company settling in St. Johnsbury. Turns out they will be in the Fairbanks Scale Company building. If you read the article, you'll see that St. Johnsbury (and Lyndonville) have other projects in the works, thanks to some state incentives.
I also want to bring your attention to a comment on the website - I'll quote it here because I think it is important. It's from Dorothea Penar about a new algae bloom:
Comment: We had another small bloom of cyanobacteria in the Narrows cove
area. It was of a limited size, but lasted most of the day last
Friday. Given that the water is significantly colder and many of the
camps are not occupied, I think the heavy rains we had last Wednesday
and Thursday may be a significant factor in causing the bloom.
Please be aware that storm water runoff brings a lot of nutrients to the
pond on all slopes, so avoid fertilizing lawns, avoid clearing the
natural vegetation along the shore, and keep the upland trees as much as
possible.
Thursday, October 03, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well - Happy Birthday to Me! I've made it through another year and almost to the anniversary of tearing the ligament in my knee a year ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment