Cheryl Castner sent an email today with photos she got with their game camera. I'm so envious! Look at all the wildlife she has captured in New Jersey, and here I am in Vermont getting nothing but an occasional robin, squirrel or wandering human on ours. We decided to change the location today, so perhaps that will have better results. In the meantime, enjoy Cheryl's photos taken on their driveway.
We are excited to be able to see the pond and some of Route 15 again. The big tamaracks along the road in front of our house have grown so big we were not able to see the hills over in Walden or any of the pond at all. We were beginning to feel very shut off from the other side of the pond. Our friend from West Hill Pond who is taking them for the wood will finish taking them down tomorrow. He will cut them up later, but wanted to get them all down while the weather was calm. They were fairly tall, but not unusually large trees, so it was fairly easy to get them down. In some ways I know I'm going to miss them, but I don't like feeling closed in, either, and I love the view from the living room windows. Now I actually can see a "view" and not just a bank of trees!
Monday, October 21, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Buttoning Up for Winter!
When I mentioned a couple days ago that there will be a turkey dinner served in Cabot on Saturday, September 26, I didn't have all the i...
-
This has been a chilly, rather dull day. Having to set the clocks back last night made everything a bit topsy-turvey today, I suppose, but ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
No comments:
Post a Comment