Monday, October 21, 2019

Cheryl Castner sent an email today with photos she got with their game camera. I'm so envious! Look at all the wildlife she has captured in New Jersey, and here I am in Vermont getting nothing but an occasional robin, squirrel or wandering human on ours. We decided to change the location today, so perhaps that will have better results. In the meantime, enjoy Cheryl's photos taken on their driveway.




We are excited to be able to see the pond and some of Route 15 again. The big tamaracks along the road in front of our house have grown so big we were not able to see the hills over in Walden or any of the pond at all. We were beginning to feel very shut off from the other side of the pond. Our friend from West Hill Pond who is taking them for the wood will finish taking them down tomorrow. He will cut them up later, but wanted to get them all down while the weather was calm. They were fairly tall, but not unusually large trees, so it was fairly easy to get them down. In some ways I know I'm going to miss them, but I don't like feeling closed in, either, and I love the view from the living room windows. Now I actually can see a "view" and not just a bank of trees!

No comments:

Snow & Ice Report

 W e're through another March snowstorm, and as far as I can tell, we aren't expecting more snow this month. We'll probably have...