Unusually chilly for May - it's been in the low 40s all day. Just a whisker shy of snowing, we've had a misty rain much of the day and a fair amount of fog. Our uncomfortable weather continues!
However, there are still a few signs of spring - the trees are beginning to bud and there are more tender green sprouts in the flower garden, but no blooms except my crocus. The daffodils are getting higher every day, but nothing has dared to bloom yet. I saw forsythia blooming in St. Johnsbury last week - such a nice show of color in an otherwise drab world. I've always wanted to have a bush, but I tried to grow it once and it didn't make it through the winter. If I had a really protected spot it might work, but probably not.
If you are looking for a way to escape from the blah weather for a little bit, here's something to do -
Thursday, May 02, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...

No comments:
Post a Comment