Saturday, April 20, 2019

Here is a picture of the Ice-Out  clock and block as of this  morning. The ice looks pretty solid, but you can see it is beginning to pull away from the shore.  We didn't get as much rain last night as was forecast, and that is a good thing. It may help slow down the runoff a little and prevent more serious flooding. The day isn't over, though, and there will  no doubt be more showers. I had just over half an inch in my measuring tube this morning. Way better than the "over two inches" predicted. I noticed that there is a real heat wave out in the west right now with temperatures in the 80s. That is probably heading our way, but will likely get cooled off a bit before it gets here. Definitely spring is here and summer is just around a corner - somewhere. Thanks, Diane Rossi, for sending the picture of the setup. Now I'm heading for the kitchen to do some prep work for  our family Easter Eve dinner tonight.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...