Saturday, December 08, 2018

When we were heading out (to Tangeni's swim meet) today, we noticed there were two shantys on the ice! We had said as we headed down West Shore Road that there might be fishermen out on the ice, but we really didn't expect to see the houses up yet. This evening I had a message from Shelly Walker -


Hi Jane,  There are two people ice fishing in the bay this morning, braving the 13 below temps.  One is in front of Alonzo's and another in front of Kevin Johnson's.  The one in front of Johnson's has a little pop-up tent.  Neither is out towards the middle of the bay, but it makes me nervous to watch.  I have no idea how thick the ice is.
 
We just have to trust those guys know what they're doing. I'm glad they weren't far from shore - in case they went through the ice they might at least have a chance at getting to shore. They would be darned cold, though. It's cold again tonight - but we didn't have a temperature reading as cold as Shelly and Diane, probably because we are a little higher. I guess it won't be quite as cold tonight. I do hope the sun is shining again tomorrow. Today was so nice with the sunshine, even though it was still bitterly cold. Even in Littleton area where we were for the swim meet, it was only in the low teens.
 
 It is a very nice facility - I think it's called Evergreen, or something like that. The top photo was Tangeni and in the next one, she's the little girl in the middle.
 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...