Saturday, October 13, 2018

The "normal" fall weather continues - it was in the low 30s last night, but no frost, at least here at our house. It isn't warming up much today, though. Yesterday the wind stripped off lots of the pretty leaves, but some of the maples are still hanging onto them. This young maple in our yard is still pretty, but the big old tree down the driveway has dumped most of its leaves. The same is true in our back yard and the hill behind the house. Some trees still stand out with amazing color while others are nearly bare. 
     Many of you know Alba Rossi - Billy Rossi's mom, who used to be here at Joe's Pond and is now a resident at Lincoln House in Barre. Alba will be 102 years old next Wednesday. I'm sure she would enjoy receiving cards from Joe's Pond friends. Diane told me she will be celebrating at Lincoln House this year with a special meal and family. To send a card, address it to: Ms. Alba Rossi, Lincoln House, Rm. 11, 120 Hill St., Barre VT 05641. 
     On a different subject - I'm wondering how people feel about the new "Magnum, P. I." show and also the resurrecting of "Murphy Brown" with much of the original cast? It's not one of life's important questions, but personally, I find the new Magnum totally unbelievable. I think it was a big mistake to try to recast all those original characters. The original was too good - just right for the time it was popular, and the new cast and story lines just don't measure up and probably wouldn't make it as something fresh and new even if I didn't have the ghosts of the original cast prominently front and center as I watch. 
     Murphy, on the other hand, seems a little clumsy at times, but having the original cast back is great fun and I enjoy watching them - just because I liked them years ago and appreciate them now as elders - we have all aged, and they seem to have done it pretty darn  well. 
     That's about it for me today. I now need to move ahead. I just went out and got the precipitation to report for today - .04 in. That puts the total for the past three days at 1.15 in. I thought we'd have snow on the ground this morning, but the low was 35F. Perhaps tonight!
 

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...