Saturday, July 28, 2018

We've just had a report that there are a number of trees down along the rail/trail between West Danville and Larrabee's Building Supply. We had thunder storms and hard rain during the night and possibly a strong microburst. Our electricity went out in the early morning hours, but not for very long. I've measured a little over two inches of precipitation in the past five days, so we've had a pretty good soaking. None of it has been awfully hard rain, so it had time to soak into the soil - much needed. Today has been beautiful so far and Fred is taking advantage of that to mow the lawn. One thing the rain did for us is made our lawn grow exceptionally well! And the weeds in my flower bed.
     I haven't been out to do much in the flowers this year. One thing or another has kept me from getting out there - not that it matters much - the frost will come and it will soon be time to start over again. Weeding takes a toll on my back and hands (arthritis) so when I'm going to be doing that stuff, I usually take Aleve either before or after; however a couple of weeks ago I got shingles - I've had them twice before and the first time, about forty years ago, in my hair like now. So I'm taking an antiviral medication and cannot take anything in the NSAIDs classification. The shingles have quieted down nicely and I'm willing to leave it at that for a few more days, and then, weather permitting, can again get back to more pleasant duties like working in the garden. And yes, I have had the vaccine - but there is a newer, more effective one out now. Only thing is, our druggist told me they don't expect to have a supply before January of next year. I think I'll get on a waiting list, if there is such a thing! Shingles are not pleasant, no matter where they crop up.
     Don't forget the Italian Dinner is tonight at the JPA pavilion. The weather looks as if it will be perfect, so give Pam Hebert a call at 684-3655, or her cell is 802-274-3455 to see if there are any tickets left. Go and enjoy if you can.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...