Monday, July 09, 2018

If you were not able to attend the Joe's Pond Association Annual Meeting, the minutes are posted on the website. The revised bylaws are also posted on the website. 
     Today is Bill Rossi's birthday. He turned 74 today. Diane sent a picture of him with his mother, Alba, enjoying birthday cake. It was a beautiful day to be celebrating outside and I'm sure both Bill and Alba enjoyed the party. Thanks to Diane for sending this very nice picture.
     After working in my flower garden yesterday, I paid the price today with stiff joints, especially my fingers, from pulling weeds. My back isn't in great shape, either, but I did save a little stress on it by using my tool/ seat bucket. Somehow I don't get quite the same leverage from a sitting position as I can standing and bending over. Understand, I'm pulling two-feet tallwitch grass in some places. I gave my back a break and didn't go out to work there today. In another day or so my sore muscles will hopefully be ready for another workout.
     The weather is so nice, it's hard to stay inside. We are hoping for the weather to hold through the weekend - especially on Saturday for the book sale, benefit of the Charles D. Brainerd Library in West Danville. We will be there from nine to noon - at the library if the weather is good, or at the pavilion on the beach if it looks showery - which right now seems to be a good possibility. I say "we" because the library committee very kindly asked me to do a book signing. I felt honored and readily agreed as I'm happy to support the library any way I can. I will bring two children's books and the Cabot oral history book I co-authored, and will donate part of each sale to the library, so I hope you'll come by and take a look. I'm bringing a picture book for pre-school age kiddos I wrote years ago for my own children, and the other I'm bringing is about a little girl and her pet pig and all the trouble they get into. This book, "Pinkie," is for about eight to ten year old readers or a read-aloud for younger kids. I'll also have copies of the Cabot history that I co-authored with Barbara Carpenter and Amanda Legare. It was because of the Cabot book that I was asked to be part of the West Danville history. Dot Larrabee will be on hand to show you some of what we've done so far on the West Danville history book, and will take advance orders. 
     We hope you'll stop by to chat and perhaps find something you're interested in taking buying. The library committee has put together a nice group of books of all kinds for this sale, and it's for a worthy cause - to help keep Vermont's smallest library open. See you there!
     

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...