Saturday, July 07, 2018

I need to make a correction. This morning at the JPA meeting, I passed along a message from AndyRudin about maple creamees. I had understood him to say the stand that used to be Scot Palmer's located below Marty's in Danville was now at the Cabot store. We decided to go for a creamee after lunch today - at Butch's Harvestore on Route 15 in Walden, and overheard Ellen Fredette, who was manning the creamee stand today say that it was the one from Danville. Turns out, Andy had referred to Butch's Harvestore creamee stand as being "at the Cabot store" not realizing he was actually in Walden, not Cabot.
     When he said "Cabot store," I immediately though of Cabot General store and Harry's Hardware next door, where a few years ago they had an ice cream shack set up between the two stores that were both owned by the Searles family at the time - so it seemed plausible, right? However, while Cabot store has lots of great stuff, including ice cream and wonderful deli items, and the Harry's Hardware has a bar with occasional live music, they do not have the creamee stand that used to be in Danville.
     Now that that's explained, I will tell you that I had a "baby" maple creamee that was just the right size and I agree with Andy - it was exceptional. Fred had a chocolate and vanilla twist - and then went back for a second (both "baby" size). Next time - and I'm sure there will be many "next times" with Butch's Harvestore only a couple miles up the road at Walden Heights - Fred will probably get a larger size. I'll stick with the smallest. 
     They also have hotdogs and sausages, Ellen told us. We didn't go into the store - I had things to do here at home. It was a nice little break and a great dessert after our lunch. I'll be sure to let Andy know it's in Walden, not Cabot - although the line is pretty close and as Ellen pointed out, it's between two roads leading to Cabot Village. 
     Fred took pictures. 
     We had a good turnout for the meeting this morning, and although the meeting was brief, everything got done that needed to be addressed. We will have minutes posted in a day or so - I'll alert you when they are on the website. 
     The weather was cool, but not uncomfortable with the side curtain panels shielding us from the wind. My weather station had a low of 47.2 degrees last night. That is a huge drop from the 90 +/- readings we've been having. This afternoon is very pleasant, 74 degrees with a light NE wind. A good day for sailing!







No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...