Saturday, July 14, 2018

Clouds and rain today, and the rain is needed, but so far we haven't had much at all - just gentle showers. That's good, too, the water has a chance to soak in rather than running off and creating problems.
     A few days ago I told you about Walt Goodrich's passing and that there is a celebration of his life planned for Saturday, July 21st, and it was to be pot luck. This morning I had a call from Sally asking that I let people know that they have decided NOT to have pot luck - it's my understanding they are going to have a BBQ or cookout and Sally said they simply don't have room to refrigerate or reheat food for a crowd, so they are requesting people just come and join the family as they remember Walt, and they will take care of the food.
     This morning the ladies who reclaimed the little library in West Danville held a book sale. They had literally loads of wonderful

books for sale, and there was a pretty steady stream of people coming through. The picture here was when they were setting up, early this morning. It was interesting that several bikers from the rail-trail stopped in. Even though the weather wasn't great, I think they
did pretty well. Dot Larrabee and I were there with an exhibit (right) of the upcoming history of West Danville, and several people signed up in advance to be sure they get one of the books when it's published - hopefully within a few months. The weather held off until just before closing, at noon, and then it only rained a little. Now we're in for some humid weather again!



No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...