Wednesday, May 02, 2018

 It sure looks as if nothing has changed out there, but today may change a lot! If the temperature reaches well into the 70s as predicted, that will have a big impact on the ice. According to what I'm seeing in the forecast, the temperature will be back in the 50s and 60s and partly cloudy for most of the rest of the week, so melting should be fairly steady, but perhaps not too dramatic. Slow and steady. However, that block is pretty heavy and when the ice gets punky, it will plunge through and disconnect the clock.
     Here in Boston, the temperature is going to be around 85 degrees today and yesterday some of the nurses who have today off were talking about heading for the beach. It was still cold when we left Vermont on Sunday, and I packed accordingly - thus I will be wearing fleece. It doesn't matter, the temperature in the hospital rooms is quite cool, so I'll be comfortable, but I will definitely be over-dressed if I decide to head out onto the street to do some shopping. Monday we went to a Whole Foods Market a few blocks away to stock up, and I may want to do that again, especially if Fred will need to spend a few days here at Neely House after he is discharged from the hospital. We'll see. With the cool breeze that is always part of Boston's weather, it seems, fleece may be a  good option, regardless of the 85 degree temperature!
    Marie told me this morning that Cabot fixed West Shore Road yesterday, so that is really good news. Jamie (and everyone else) must have been pleasantly surprised when they returned home last night. I really think that compared to other towns, and considering all the miles of back roads there are in Cabot, the crew has kept the roads pretty darned good. It isn't easy coping with the mud and the frost heaves - not to mention that late season snow storm Sunday!


No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...