Sunday, April 01, 2018

We hope everyone had a safe, wonderful Easter. The weather was not great, but mostly what the first of April always is. There was an Easter Sunrise Service on Cabot Plain - up by the cemetery where the wind can get you no matter which direction it's blowing in. People were instructed to "dress warmly," and that was good advice. There was a little rain, a little snow, lots of wind, and the temperature was about 39 degrees when I first looked at around 7:30 this morning. It didn't warm up much, and there were very few sunny breaks. Tonight is cold - my weather station is showing 26.8F. I think the wind has gone down and the sky has finally cleared. I noticed a beautiful moon earlier.
     Diane Rossi sent this cute picture of Alba. Diane spent part of the day with Bill in Shelburne, and then stopped to see Alba in Barre. They have lots of parties in both homes. Last year we had a picture of Bill with bunny ears - this year one of his mother! Very nice ears, I must say. Alba looks like she's enjoying the fun. 
     We decided last minute to go to the Eastside restaurant in Newport for brunch this morning. It was fun getting out early, and it actually wasn't awfully crowded when we were there. They had an enormous variety - anything and everything one could imagine, literally from soup to nuts. As a general rule, I don't care much for buffets - I'm kind of like an elderly friend of ours who used to say, "When I go out to eat, I want someone to serve me, I don't want to have to go and get it myself. I can do that at home." My objection is more that when I do a buffet, I generally end up with way too much food, some that it turns out I don't care for or it isn't hot, and who knows how long it's been sitting out. That said, I enjoyed almost everything I chose from today's selection. One big reason I was eager to go was that I know Fred enjoys the salad bar at Eastside whenever we go there. He enjoyed the buffet today, too, and ate a lot more than he normally would - which really wasn't such a good idea and his stomach let him know he'd overdone it a bit. But he was ok and his big regret is that he didn't find the pancakes until he'd pretty much filled up on other stuff - including chocolate pie. I couldn't complain - I topped everything off with (a very small piece) of coconut cream pie. I haven't had that for ages, and I love anything coconut, but especially pie. I used to make them often, but that was another lifetime.
     We will be up until midnight in order to take down the pay-on-line page for Ice-Out tickets. Sales have been very good this year on line, but we won't have all the tickets logged in and a complete picture of how the contest did for several days. Then we will wait for the block to sink and stop the clock. By the way, if you missed the interview WCAX did this week, click HERE.

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...