Friday, April 06, 2018

Here we are, watching the snow swirl around the house. It's been snowing steadily since around 2 o'clock, and it's sticking! All the bare ground is covered up again. The wind is sifting the snow off the roof and the trees, and the temperature about 30 degrees, but  wind chill is in the teens when it gusts. According to the weather report this noon, there were some near zero temperatures last night - I think around Island Pond. Gary Sadowsky said temperatures should be in the 50s this time of year. And it's going to be a cold week, according to him. So we need to put off getting out the jet skis for a while yet.
     I've been working diligently on the West Danville history for the past few days, but it's going pretty slowly. I will be meeting with the rest of the committee on Monday, so I really wanted to have one more chapter finished, but looks like that may not happen. I still have the weekend to work on it, but also have a meeting with the Ice-Out committee on Saturday to recap this year's contest and figure expenses, etc. Never enough time for everything, I guess.
     Not only that - I'm behind in answering e-mails and personal mail. I have been concentrating on the JPA newsletter - and that's in pretty good shape, but there are address lists and all sorts of stuff that needs to be updated before I can send them out. Lots of new people this year - cottages sold or ownership switched within families. It happens every year to some degree, but it does create a bit of chaos while I sort things out. 
     I may have mentioned that while I was in Boston when Fred was in the hospital there, I began playing Solitaire on my computer. I have never played it with actual cards, so knew nothing about it. It served a purpose for me then, but it seems now I'm addicted. I find myself turning to Solitaire to "warm up" before starting to work on projects, and to "relax" after spending a few hours on something else. Playing is sometimes frustrating, but also in some way rewarding. I still do Sudoku, but not as often. I don't really have time for either. So back to work. I can still get a little work done before I have to stop to get supper.

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...