Tuesday, March 27, 2018

It looks like we're in for some real spring-like days this week. Today has been nice - lots of sun and in the high 30's, low 40s, but there was a cold wind. The sun was melting the snow, however, and there are wet, muddy patches along our road - but nothing like a few weeks ago when we had that exceptionally warm day or two and cars got mired in mudholes.
     Now, the biggest problem we have is by the apron coming off of
West Shore Road, near LaPrade's and Rossi's.
Route 2. I called the Danville Highway garage and left a message when we got home today. It gets worse every day, and I'm afraid someone is going to land in the brook - either by being bounced by hitting one of those potholes, or the potholes are going to get so deep they'll break through to
West Shore Road near Lucenti's.
the culvert. Then we'll be in big trouble. There was nobody at the garage when I called - no doubt they'd gone home by then after a long day fighting mud and listening to complaints. But for days I've intended to call but kept forgetting, and then I thought, surely someone will have
The Ice-Out flag and block today.
complained by now; but today it was much worse and there's no place way to avoid them as there are deep gullies all the way across the road now. So I assume nobody has let the road crew know. We'll see what happens. 

     West Shore Road isn't bad right now, but I expect in a
Easter trees at Marty's 1st Stop in Danville, VT.
couple more days with temperatures in the 50s (as predicted) and some rain showers, we might find ourselves mired in mud - again. We got a few pictures today. We really like Marty's Easter trees! Happy spring! There is a lot of snow in front of his porch, but it's an accumulation of what's been plowed and what's come off the roof - mostly off the roof at this point, and there are orange cones set up to keep cars from parking too close and getting damaged when the snow comes down from the roof. It was melting rapidly today.

     We saw Dr. Tanner today and Fred is doing well, for which we are very thankful. I was completely surprised when Fred told the doctor he'd tried running up our driveway this morning. I don't think he's quite ready for that, but Dr. Tanner was pleased that he had progressed to this point. I think we all agreed Fred was pushing his luck a bit with the running. I usually keep an eye on him when he's outside - just in case - but this morning I was busy on the computer and missed the running experiment. Which is a good thing because otherwise I'd have been out there yelling at him to behave. No harm done, and I know he'll try it again soon - and often, until he's running up Jamie and Marie's driveway half a dozen times, like he did before the cancer and operation. And I'll be cheering him on, but only as I'm climbing the hill at my own pace, slow and steady. I see no reason to rush.





No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...