The whole week is going to be near zero during the daytime and below zero at night, and unfortunately, New Year's Eve isn't going to be any warmer. It will be a cold night to be dashing between venues at various First Night Celebrations.
Tuesday, December 26, 2017
This has been a cold day. The thermometers here haven't been out of the low teens all day and presently I'm seeing 8.5 degrees above zero. It will almost certainly go below zero tonight. To make us even colder, there's been a pretty steady wind most of the day. It seems to have quieted down now, but during the daylight hours it was very blustery. We got another 3.5 inches of new snow last night and that was being blown about all day. I think we've had another inch or two since I measured at nine this morning.
Just before noon, when the wind was howling at top velocity, Fred was out doing his walk up Jamie and Marie's driveway. He used to run up ten times, now he walks it ten times. It's still a very good workout, but having lost so much weight, and with the effect the chemo has had on him, it wasn't too difficult to convince him to take it a little easier. He came in covered with snow and I took this picture. He was very cold, and it took a while to get warmed up.
The whole week is going to be near zero during the daytime and below zero at night, and unfortunately, New Year's Eve isn't going to be any warmer. It will be a cold night to be dashing between venues at various First Night Celebrations.
The whole week is going to be near zero during the daytime and below zero at night, and unfortunately, New Year's Eve isn't going to be any warmer. It will be a cold night to be dashing between venues at various First Night Celebrations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
This week turned out to be a doozie for me. I had anticipated going for a follow-up on my knee on Monday, but instead ended up in the ER at ...
No comments:
Post a Comment