Friday, October 16, 2015

This has been a raw, rainy, cold day, as predicted.  I've been watching the thermometer drop this afternoon - it's easing out of the 40s into the 30s now, and we have had some rain showers that make it seem really cold.  It's almost snow, and will certainly be snow by nightfall, I think.  Several times the sun has been out as it was raining quite hard and I knew there had to be a rainbow.  It was more than I'd expected.  Stretched from West Danville to Walden, and just beautiful.  I took lots of pictures from our front deck, but I think this one was the best.  I couldn't quite get both ends in to see where the pots of gold might be, but it was close enough.  I was literally chasing rainbows because every time the sun was out and it was raining, I jumped up to try to get a picture.  Unfortunately, in weather like this, they don't last very long.

Looks like it will be a good day to spend some time at the Apple Pie Festival in Cabot and then choose between the benefit turkey pie supper in Danville or the Dime-A-Dip Pot Luck supper in St. Johnsbury.  It will be a full day in many respects!  Here are the details on all that's going on. The Apple Pie Festival is held in the gym, so no worries about the weather there, and of course, both suppers will be warm and cozy, which ever you choose.

Be sure to click on the images to make them large enough to read.

So, with the melody of that old tune running through my mind, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."  Thank you, Mr. Martin - lovely to hear you again!

Speaking of favorite old timers - another of my favorites, Tom Selleck, has a new Jesse Stone movie coming up on the Hallmark Channel on starting on Sunday.  I really like the Jesse Stone series - and I also watch "Blue Bloods" on Friday nights - or tape it and watch later.  Good shows, and I've liked Selleck ever since the "Magnum" series.  I remember when the big island was for sale, before the Lockwoods bought, I think, there was a rumor that Tom Selleck was interested in it.  What a hoot that would have been!

Now I need to get some food on the table and clear the evening so I don't miss "Blue Bloods."  And I have a couple of apple pies waiting to be baked, too.  I'm not sure if both will make it to the Apple Pie Festival tomorrow . . .  I think Fred may have some ideas about hijacking one of them.








No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...