Sunday, October 25, 2015

I've spent some time today considering the benefit vs. hazards of going on vacation.  Granted, most years we have gone to Maine for a few days without anything unusual happening, but this time we both came back with miserable colds.  I know, people who travel on airplanes often come home with sniffles and such, but you'd think all that fresh sea air and sunshine would have kept us healthy. We knew something was going on as we were driving home, but I dismissed my scratchy throat by saying it was from talking so much - a couple of groups of students visited the week before and on the weekend I was at the Apple Pie Festival all day, all of which required lots of talking.  Then, when we are on a road trip, we talk a lot - compared to when we are at home each working on our computers.  However, by the end of the day we knew we'd bumped into some "foreign germ" and were in for a bout of sneezing, coughing and lethargy.  So we've been moping around for the past couple of days, drinking lots of fluids and resting.  I can't speak for Fred, but I feel a little resentful that I went on vacation to rest and relax and get away from everything for a bit, and now work is piling up while I'm just not interested.  I keep telling myself, if I take something for the cold it'll be over in seven days; and if I don't it'll last a week.  I like the old saying, "feed a cold and starve a fever," though, so I guess I'll just put my meager energy into food.  Fortunately, neither of us is seriously ill - just off our game a bit.  

There isn't a lot of news, as far as I know.  The people who were at our last JPA meeting already know that our newly appointed events chairperson, Susan Bouchard, is working to reinstate sailboat racing next season.  A good number of people have expressed interest, but it would be great to see a couple dozen or more boats out there like in the old days!  So dust off your Sunfish, get everything shipshape over the winter and be ready to race next summer.  There will be more about this as plans develop.

In the meantime, don't forget to make plans to attend the concert at the United Church of Cabot next Sunday.  It will be an interesting afternoon, I'm sure.  The concert is at 3 p.m., admission by donation.

Also, we have a new rental option on our website, a tree house at Molly's Falls Dam.  Some of you probably already know about this spot, but for those who don't, take a look.  Click HERE. You will see the business card in the lower right corner of the page.  Click that for more information. 



 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...