Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Today is Cabot's day to host Fall Foliage visitors.  The rain promised for late this afternoon came early this morning, but now there's just cloudy sky and potential for showers.  The good news is that the rain brought out the foliage colors - what color there is, at least.  It seems the foliage is late turning this year.  I had thought we would have nothing but dull browns, but this morning I'm seeing some brilliant yellows, oranges and reds showing up among the deep green that still seems to be predominant.  It may be a pretty good day for Cabot's planned tours and entertainment, and we will be participating by enjoying the turkey supper take-outs tonight with friends here at our house.


There are lots of activities going on during the rest of the week as Fall Foliage Week progresses.  Tomorrow Plainfield hosts, then Peacham, Barnet, Groton and Marshfield, in that order.  The forecast seems to be for rain off and on most of the week, so this may be one of the less inspiring foliage weeks in its long history, but at least there is no snow in the forecast.  Our friend, Michael, from Alaska is visiting his mother and told us yesterday it's cold there this week with rain and snow forecast.  There's also snow forecast in Colorado and some of the other Rocky Mountain states, and I expect we'll get our share in due course.

Did everyone see the Super Moon and Eclipse show night before last?  We watched it periodically throughout the evening and at the point of total eclipse, were out on the deck - but didn't even try to get a picture - I'm not sure why; I guess we got lost in the moment.  I got a picture earlier in the evening as the "super" moon was coming up in the east over the pond and trees.  I should have been just a bit earlier when it would have seemed much larger, but I was probably focused on watching the news on TV.



No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...