Sunday, May 17, 2015


What a beautiful day this was!  I went to Cabot this afternoon for the Historical Society annual meeting and it was very nice.  The old building hadn't lost all it's winter frost and we were chilly by the time we left, but it was a good meeting - about normal for our meetings these days with seven members present.  Things get done and we move ahead in spite of little interest except from a handful of loyals.

Fred gave me a link to the big Nenana Ice Classic in Alaska.  Their clock stopped before ours this year!  On April 24th.  Their "pool" is a lot larger than ours, $330,330.00, but they also had 28 winners!  Each one took home over $9,000, so that's still not bad.  I think their tickets are $2.50 each.

Most of this winter our neighbor, Elizabeth, whose son lives in Alaska, has been telling us the winter there this year was much milder than usual and certainly milder than ours was.  Even today their temperature when I went on the website was 75 degrees - of course they are four hours behind us, so it was still daytime.  I was interested, too, that tickets are available there from Memorial Day to April.  We hope to have ours available by this weekend so we can distribute them at our Joe's Pond Association Spring Meeting this Saturday.  They are being printed - we'll hope they are ready in time.  I'll let everyone know when they are ready!
 
When I looked at this picture Fred took this morning, at first I was confused about the feet - then I realized there are two birds - a male and female, I think.  They were observing the hummingbirds at their feeder.  Click on the photo so you can count toes better.

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...