Saturday, May 09, 2015

Good Morning!
We have been busy here at the Brown residence.  Fred is coping with upgrades to the website - certain pages where security is a factor may be down (unavailable) temporarily until everything is verified as secure.  Please be patient - we're hoping within the next few days everything will be back to normal.

The process has no impact as far as I know on this page.  My lack of attention here is simply because I've been getting the Joe's Pond Association newsletter ready to go - and JPA members, please remember that there is a remittance envelope tucked into your newsletter.  The newsletter is printed and labels are on - today I will finish putting postage on and members should have it sometime during the first of next week.  I've had several interruptions; somehow these first weeks of spring with Ice-Out and the newsletter, then extra meetings, appointments, and family stuff make life a bit more frenzied, but then everything settles into a more civilized routine.

Thanks to Steve and Bev Allen for sending us the following:  I took time late last night to go through these photos, and they are very interesting - especially to those who are fascinated by Civil War history.  Click on this LINK.  I'm not really a Civil War buff, but my great grandfather, John Bolton, served in the 9th VT Infantry and was twice wounded before being discharged in 1863.  That makes it interesting for me, especially since he was apparently a bit unusual in that he wouldn't march in the open with the rest of his regiment, but kept to the woods along side of the roads and then would join the others when they camped for the night.  He was captured once and escaped; was awol a couple of times, but for some reason wasn't disciplined for his misdemeanors.  One day when I have more time, I hope to find out more about his military adventures.

We expect rain later today, but right now it is another sunny, fairly warm spring day.  Rain will be most welcome.  We hope it's a soaker!

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...