Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I just came in from taking a break outside in the back yard.  It's a gorgeous day - much better than I expected from the forecast - and one of the last of the great summer days we'll have before families have to get back home before school starts.  I  know in some places schools have already opened . . . so our Joe's Pond community will be  dwindling sharply.

The weekend doesn't look promising, but a few showers won't be too awful, and I'm sure lots of people will still have great end-of-summer gatherings and cook-outs.  

Our back yard is beginning to take on a real look of fall.  Loads of apples on our tree and on the ground - I made applesauce today, which is about all they are really good for - they're small and we don't spray, so there's lots of trimming before they go into the pot.  I have no patience to peel them for pies - and goodness knows, my waistline definitely doesn't need pie of any kind.

While I was outside, I took some photos and since I haven't made a slideshow for a while, here they are - my Fall Display.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...