Thursday, July 17, 2014

This response came this evening from Suzanne Masland re. the loon family:

Hi Jane
This is what I know about the loons on the third pond (I'm assuming Bev Allen meant the big pond). On Thursday I saw one of the adults with one of the babies. On Friday night there was some awful screeching from the loons. Sat. I saw just one adult - no chick.
Sunday AM I was kayaking at about 6:45 and there were both adult loons and no baby. I have not seen a baby since last Thursday and I have seen the adults either separate or together several times. I don't think there is a baby left at this point.
Last weekend I was kayaking on the first pond and saw the adults and the baby there a couple of times  -  just once.
Suzanne

Suzanne Masland
563-3005

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...