This came today from Steve and Bev Allen:
Yesterday evening and again this afternoon we have seen the pair of
Loons on the 3rd Pond with what appears to be just one chick. Has
anyone else noticed this? Hope the Eagle isn't enjoying free lunch on
the Pond.
I believe this is what Evelyn was mentioning, that one of the chicks does seem to be missing - now for almost a week - and that the eagle may be the culprit. The chick that was observed being taken by an eagle in Peacham "somehow survived," but as Evelyn said, ours may not have been as fortunate. Let us know if anyone has seen both chicks on the third pond recently.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
This has been a chilly, rather dull day. Having to set the clocks back last night made everything a bit topsy-turvey today, I suppose, but ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
No comments:
Post a Comment