Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I have a couple things to share with you this morning.  I received  this photo from Karen Gruggel Cobb (Narrows Drive) who wrote: 

At least I won't see this big guy at Joe'sPond! Photo taken yesterday at North Topsail Beach, NC right near our friend's Crab Pots!
 
I know this is far fetched, but it made me wonder - if global warming is for real as some believe, is it possible one day people here at Joe's Pond would be dealing with critters like this cluttering their water fronts instead of Canada geese?  Tell me that's not a frightening thought!
 
Last night I got a not from Craig Ward.  His wife, Patti, shot this picture of Jamie Dimick, JPA's current buoy boy and my youngest son, and his pal, Otto.  Craig and Patti are vacationing at the Ward family cottage next door to ours. 
 
When my parents bought our cottage, that was the Willey cottage, owned by Craig's mom, Jane's family.  Over the years, Jane and Bill Ward spent every possible summer here with their family, the same as we did.  Their two sons, Matt and Craig, were good friends with  the three Dimick kids, and have remained friends over the years.
 
Patti's picture reminded me of one taken years ago, probably in late 70's or early 80's of teenager Jamie - possibly the same boat but different motor, I think, and different dog, Clint.  Clint loved the boat and anything Joe's Pond.  
 
Otto is a good water dog, too, and loves going in the boat with Jamie.  They tend the buoys together, no matter what the weather, fair or foul.
 
 

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...