Sunday, April 20, 2014

After a few snow showers on Saturday, Easter Sunday was a lovely day - warm and actually felt like spring.  We still have a few patches of snow in the woods, but it's mostly gone, and with rain showers expected this week, that should be the end of snow for this year.  I took in my measuring stick today - I'll be very happy not to have to check that every morning when I report precipitation. 

We walked this morning and found this little guy living in the stone wall along the road by our neighbor's.  He's a little out of range for Woody, but he'd better watch out because as the weather improves, Woody's hunting area expands and he loves to play with chippies.

We've seen lots of birds and other wildlife in the past few days.  I thing all living things are feeling the effects of warm weather.


No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...