Friday, March 07, 2014

Woody has followed the sun today, finding any spot that offered tummy-warming comfort.  He spent some time in my office this afternoon on his desk beside me (yes, he has his own desk next to mine) but the sun was beating in and it got very warm in this little room, so he only stayed a short time.  I, on the other hand, hung out enjoying the sun until it had dropped behind the big spruces.  Now it's getting cooler and I'll put the shade down again.  It's surprising how quickly the sun moves and disappears behind the hill.  

I would have thought the snow would have melted considerably today, but I just checked the stake and it's only down a little less than an inch from what it was this morning - now at about 21 inches.  Real spring is still avoiding Joe's Pond, but it's getting closer all the time.

I heard recently that weather people are predicting this could be another el nino year, with extreme weather possible. I guess it's only a guess, but more and more I guess we need to be prepared for just about anything.  Hang onto your umbrellas and wind breakers.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...