Thursday, March 20, 2014

'Possums in Vermont

I received this picture the other day from a reader of the blog.  I had no idea there are opossums in Vermont, but apparently the change in weather patterns (until this winter!) may account for them being this far north.  I believe Mary lives in the Waterbury/Middlesex area.  Here's what she wrote:
 Well, this is a first.  I've had a pair of opossums coming off and on all winter, after 7 at night, but this little guy showed up before 4 this afternoon!!   They are nocturnal creatures, so I'm wondering why he came out in broad daylight.  He's smaller than my Blue Russian cat, Miyara.    : )    She's busy eating some tuna fish while the opossum is eating sunflower seeds that I throw down for my cardinals, chickadees, sparrows, goldfinches, and juncos.   Mary

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...