Sunday, February 02, 2014

I'm pleased to report we have 3 inches of new snow this morning.  It's right at or a little above freezing, though, and there may be rain later on, which could reverse our goo fortune - although considering our elevation, we may get more snow.  We can only guess.

I had this nice note this morning :  
Hi Jane
Thanks for the recipes you put on your blog.  I just made the black bean dip for later for the game - it's real easy an very tasty.  We will enjoy it later with the game.  Go Broncos!
Camilla

I've been looking over the recipes, and just as I decide on one, I notice another that looks good, so it's a tough choice.  I don't have a favorite team, either, so I'll be one of those paying more attention to the commercials than the actual game.  We saw the interview with Joe Namath this morning, and I was interested when he said the human body wasn't designed for football.  It is a punishing game, but I guess some people, women as well as men, find pushing themselves and their bodies to the limit satisfying on some level.  It makes for great entertainment for the rest of us who don't share  their enthusiasm, though.

There was also a segment on the Beatles, which I enjoyed very much.  Until they came along, my favorite music was pretty much limited to the Big Bands and light classical, Leonard Bernstein and Gershwin.  But once my kids saw the Beatles, the house was filled with a whole different kind of sound, and while that didn't become a "favorite" for me right away, it grew on me.  Of necessity.  I had to accept it or turn myself over to "the men in white coats." Mind you, they were 7 and 5 and not-quite 1, but their dad got them out of bed so they could watch the Ed Sullivan show.  That was Feb. 9, 1964.  The first guitar in our household came soon after that, then a set of drums, and piano lessons for Bob.  Their dad bought the album, I think it was "Meet the Beatles," declaring someday it would be a classic.  He died in 1969, but not before he heard Bob play at his piano recital in the spring of that year, "Let it Be" - over and over and over, until his teacher finally had to stop him.  She said calmly, "I think Bob likes that piece."  Indeed.


 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...