Saturday, September 28, 2013

Today has been absolutely beautiful here.  Nice and warm, the foliage is just about at peak, and it's perfect fall weather.  We just came back from picking up some chicken pies at the North Danville Baptist Church - there seemed to be a great crowd gathering there, and it has a reputation for being one of the best suppers around.  I have them warming in the oven, and everything looks delicious - plus, we got apple crisp for dessert!!  I haven't told Fred yet - he loves apple crisp, so I'll surprise him.

We stopped to pick up the mail in West Danville, and Garey told us Jeff Downs, owner of the Joe's Pond Country Store, died last night.  Jeff had been very seriously ill for some time.  The whole community is saddened by his passing - he has owned the store for a few years, and was something of a character in town.  I will post details as soon as I have them for those of you who may wish to send condolences to his family.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...