We stopped to pick up the mail in West Danville, and Garey told us Jeff Downs, owner of the Joe's Pond Country Store, died last night. Jeff had been very seriously ill for some time. The whole community is saddened by his passing - he has owned the store for a few years, and was something of a character in town. I will post details as soon as I have them for those of you who may wish to send condolences to his family.
Saturday, September 28, 2013
We stopped to pick up the mail in West Danville, and Garey told us Jeff Downs, owner of the Joe's Pond Country Store, died last night. Jeff had been very seriously ill for some time. The whole community is saddened by his passing - he has owned the store for a few years, and was something of a character in town. I will post details as soon as I have them for those of you who may wish to send condolences to his family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Milfoil Update
FROM BARRY CAHOON: To all who have selflessly and tirelessly volunteered their time on multiple occasions throughout this past summer and e...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment