Friday, July 19, 2013

About the Ice-Cream Social on Sunday for the benefit of the West Danville Methodist Church:
I spoke with Jane Milne this morning.  Jane said how the Yankee Swap works is that they select a few items from those donated for the auction - she said they have some very neat things to auction off - and those will be for the Yankee Swap.  So you don't need to bring anything except an appetite for cake and ice cream (Yes!  You get cake with your ice cream, and it's FREE!) and plan to bid on some of those interesting items that will be auctioned off.  So bring your checkbook or cash and see if you can outbid your neighbor.  All in good fun and for a good cause. 

They are hoping for really nice weather on Sunday, but no matter what, under the cover of the pavilion at the Joe's Pond Recreation Field, everyone will stay dry, cool, warm or whatever is needed.  Predictions are for temperatures in the 70s by Sunday, and if that happens, it will be perfect.

There's more breeze today, and that helps, but the outside temperature is already up to 80 on the "cool" side of our house, and way above that where the sun hits.  I've been for my walk, so plan to hang out inside mostly today.  I have a lot to catch up on, and as long as it doesn't require much energy, it'll get done.  If it gets too hot, we can always retreat to the basement where it's at least 20 degrees cooler - in fact, after 10-15 minutes down there, I'm ready for a sweater.  Now that I think about it, today is a good day to catch up on some mending I've been putting off - and maybe even some ironing.  There are projects waiting for me on my workbench in the basement, put aside last winter for "a hot day next summer," and this certainly qualifies.  I think I know where I'll spend a fair share of the day today, and maybe tomorrow, too.  Fred doesn't mind the heat like I do, but I bet I can find a few "projects" for him down in the basement, too, if needed.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...