Saturday, June 29, 2013

We have some sunshine today!  It's actually very nice by spells - then dark clouds roll over us, but it's a nice break from rain.  We didn't get as much rain as expected yesterday.  All together, I've recorded just a little over 1" for the past two days.  However, from Sunday, June 23 to today, I've recorded 2.86" of rain.  According to my reports, we've had 7.69" so far this month.  That's a lot of water for these hills to absorb - or not.  And only a little over a month ago, on May 26, we were dealing with nearly 4 inches of snow that added considerably to the rain count of 6.09" total for May.  Weather is certainly interesting to watch.

I just learned that Sandy Ricker's mom died on June 18.  Her name was Lillian Johnson, and she was 93.  I have only Sandy and Bill's Florida address - 4466 Mainmast Ct., Ft. Myers FL 33919 - but I'm sure condolences will reach them if sent there.  Their summer home is on Sandy Beach Road here at Joe's Pond. 

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...