We're finally getting some rain. It rained fairly steadily this afternoon for a couple of hours. Already everything looks brighter and fresher. The sun is peeping through the clouds at the moment, but hopefully we're not finished with the rain yet - we need more!
We have just updated our window blinds throughout the house, so I have a bunch of perfectly useable blinds that I hate to just throw away, if anyone is interested. There are the roll-up type that are great for sun rooms, or wherever you want to filter light but let some air in. They are vinyl and all in good shape and hooks to hang them are included. Sizes:
3 45" wide x 72" long
2 45" wide x 42" long
1 48" wide x 72" long (new, still in package)
2 77" wide x 72" long, one with ropes on left, one with ropes on right (I used them on my picture windows in the living room). These can be cut to smaller widths and/or shortened easily.
Then I have aluminum slat blinds (venetian) with hardware:
3 to fit windows 45" wide x 26" tall
4 to fit windows 45" wide x 35" tall
2 to fit windows 77" wide x 72" tall (vertical slats, for use on large picture windows or sliding doors)
All hardware is intact, and cords and tapes are all in good shape.
When we first came here, we had venetian blinds, but then I redecorated and replaced most of them with the bamboo look-alike vinyl roll-up blinds. Now we've replaced all with insulated blinds, thanks to the success of my window quilt experiment a couple years ago. And yes, I have my cobbled window quilts stored away, too, and lots of velcro.
If anyone can use any of these, I'll be happy to give them to you. Now I'm going outside to see how things look after the rain.
Thursday, May 09, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Buttoning Up for Winter!
When I mentioned a couple days ago that there will be a turkey dinner served in Cabot on Saturday, September 26, I didn't have all the i...
-
This has been a chilly, rather dull day. Having to set the clocks back last night made everything a bit topsy-turvey today, I suppose, but ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
No comments:
Post a Comment