Saturday, March 23, 2013

Another crazy March day weather-wise.  We started out with snow showers, then weak sunshine and snow showers, then bright sunshine and blowing snow - it's pretty typical March.  Where the sun is hitting the road there are wet spots showing some melting is going on, but that wind is still biting.  It should be an interesting day for the sugar makers' open house events.

I've been carrying on an e-mail conversation with the vice president of the Schroon Lake, NY lake association, Vince Blando, who is interested in the possibility of setting up an ice-out contest like ours.  Mr. Blando is presently vacationing in Vero Beach, Florida, near Fort Pierce and Sebastian.  I wonder if any Joe's Ponders are near enough so you might arrange to meet him and answer some of his questions?  I'm answering what I can, but I think he'd really like to connect with someone from here.  We can of course do it by e-mail, and if anyone would be up for that, I'll get your e-mail address to him if you give me permission; or if you'd just like to meet him and chat, I'm sure he'd appreciate your insight about our Ice-Out Contest.  They are still very much in the preliminary stages of seeking information, association approval and possibly state permits, as NY has some laws about such things, of course, but he wants to be well armed with as much information as possible by the time he introduces the idea to their association board.

I hope you're all enjoying March Madness - lots of excitement going on.  Did I mention that granddaughter Jo-Ann's team at Waterford School won the Rotary Basketball Girls B Division?   Their team is called the Eagles.  She's #5, in the front row.  They are 7th and 8th grade girls, and I think all of them are looking forward to playing high school basketball.


 

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...