Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bitterly cold all day, and last night I think our thermometer was frozen at -20 degrees.  It is not quite as cold tonight, although the forecast is for about the same range of temperatures overnight.  Right now I'm reading 15 below.  One thing that made today very uncomfortable outside was the wind.  It blew relentlessly all day, sending clouds of snow across our lawn and whisking down West Shore Road.  I've been putting those window quilts I made last year to good use, and they certainly help prevent drafts off the big picture windows.  I don't like being in the dark all day, so I opened them up this morning, but after the sun was no longer shining in, I closed them again. 

Woody went out only once today, and that was for about three minutes in the garage.  He knocked to come in and when I opened the door, he bolted into the house like something was after him.  For about ten minutes he was full of pep, racing past us wherever we went, dashing through the house in a very playful mood.  I think he was filled with joy that he got back into the warm house.  It would be pretty tough on a pet to have to be outside, even in a garage on days like this.

Tom and Camilla Dente, sent the obituary for Bob LockwoodTom's comment:  What an outstanding individual. We were so blessed to have him at the pond for so many years. Tom

Messages to Bob's family may be sent to:  Martha Lockwood, 3277 7Lks W, West End, NC 27376-9302.   

The address looks a bit odd, but the Lockwood home is at Seven Lakes, in unincorporated West End, Moore County, North Carolina. 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...