Friday, December 21, 2012

We've had a little of just about every kind of weather you can imagine last night and today.  We've had snow, rain and plenty of wind - even a hint of sun just after noon.  Now it's bleak again, and it's raining fairly hard.  The temperature is supposed to fall into the pits tonight just to let us know it's the first day of winter, I guess.  The good news is, now the sun will begin moving higher in the sky and each day will be a few minutes longer. 

I'm guessing lots of folks are busy with last-minute Christmas preparations as my email in box has been unusually quiet this week.  There were a few meetings scheduled, but nothing coming in lately.  I had an email from Diane Rossi this week with a photo of an animal they have been watching at their house.  At first glance, it looked like a bird poking its head out of the water, but it's actually the rear end of the animal, and the tail.  His/her head is under water.  It looks like a muskrat to me, but seeing just that much of it, it's hard to tell for sure.  Diane said that's what they think it is, too.  If someone has another idea, post a comment.



 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...