Tuesday, November 27, 2012



Today's weather has been very Novemberish.  We had a low of 14.4 degrees last night, and Diane Rossi told me this afternoon "the ice extends maybe halfway across the pond at Walter's [Ruf's on Meadow Lane], and extends down just past Gardner's [West Shore Road].  It isn't going to be quite as cold tonight, I believe, but still well below freezing.   Thanks to Diane for letting us know how the ice is progressing.

Fred's brother and wife, Tom and Ellie, are on their way to Colorado where Tom is a ski instructor.  Tom wrote today that they'd hit some snow in Western Pennsylvania on their way earlier this week, but after 50 miles or so, the going was good again.  They are in Ames, Iowa, visiting family and will arrive in Colorado on Thursday.

I just checked the snow report at Beaver Creek, where Tom works, and they are reporting only 18 inches of man-made snow, and according to the forecast, nothing in the near future for snow coming at them.  I expect they'll get some snow soon, but the weather pattern has changed considerably over the last couple of years, and it's been a very dry year for Colorado.

There was a nice moon last night, and it's up there again tonight, but there are dark clouds covering it with only a few breaks.  It's pretty, though - with the snow covering the ground, when it does break through, it lights up the night beautifully.  I expect there are still snowflakes in the air, though.  It hasn't snowed enough to count up much at all today, but every time I looked out there were a few flakes drifting down.  Like I said, Novemberish.


 



No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...