Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Important notice from Cabot Town Clerk, Tara Rogerson:

This morning it has come to my attention that I am unable to allow absentee ballot voters to submit a new ballot once it has been returned to this office, as I previously stated in the email circulated below.  Vermont Statute 17 VSA § 2543 states, “Once an early voter absentee ballot has been returned to the clerk in the sealed envelope with the signed certificate, it shall be stored in a secure place and shall not be returned to the voter for any reason.”

I apologize for the inaccurate extension of the statute and my duties.

Tara Rogerson
Cabot Town Clerk & Treasurer
PO Box 36, 3084 Main Street
Cabot, Vermont 05647
802-563-2279
802-917-2992 (cell)

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...