Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I thought this was an interesting article that Andy Rudin sent to me yesterday.  I have my own opinions, but I'm wondering how other people feel about this.  It seems as if we deal with this sort of thing often in Vermont, and hear business people complain that the state has made it too difficult for business to thrive here sometimes.  We have a couple of dollar stores in St. Johnsbury, and we also have Ocean Job Lots at the Green Mountain Mall - they all seem to be filling a need, probably the need that Walmart would have accommodated had they been allowed to come here years ago.  We also have some very nice independent stores scattered about the town, and while it's hard to make much money in this economy, they seem to be hanging on.

No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...