The State of Vermont mandates that towns regularly update their town plans, and Cabot Planning Commission is nearly ready to present their updated plan to the Cabot Select Board. The Select Board will approve or disapprove after receiving public response.
There is a wide range of considerations the Commission has had to address during the last nearly two years it has been working to formulate the new plan, not the least of which are environmental concerns. The following sites will be of interest, especially to those of us who live at Joe's Pond. JPA member, Kate Chatot is a member of the Planning Commission working to update the town plan, and she sent me these links. Take a look:
www.smartgrowthamerica.org
State & Local Climate and Energy Program
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
These sites have forward-looking strategies to preserve our resources and the quality of our land, lakes and streames. I will post information regarding upcoming meetings of the Planning Commission and/or when the new Town Plan will be presented to the Cabot Select Board. The public is encouraged to attend - it is important for townspeople to voice their opinions. If you have questions, contact Gary Gulka, 563-2284.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment