Friday, January 13, 2012

I have the scanner on this morning - there's a misty rain falling and the temperature is hanging at just about freezing. There are reports of slippery ramps on the interstate, and a few minutes ago a warning that there was a head-on collision on Route 2 opposite the school and the road was being closed. About 15 minutes later there was a report of an accident on Route 5 somewhere north of Lyndonville in the Sutton area. Requests for sand trucks are frequent. There is almost no traffic going by our house, but I can hear plows and sand trucks over on Route 15 clearly when I'm out on the deck.

I measured another 3.5 inches of snow this morning. By noon, this rain is supposed to turn to snow, with another 4-6 inches possible. There are about 9.5 inches showing at my stake this morning. We're making headway, but slowly.

We still haven't heard from our friend who is hoping to fly out of Anchorage, Alaska this weekend. I checked yesterday and air traffic seemed to be normal, so we're hoping she will make it home to Vermont without any problems.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...