Thursday, October 20, 2011

This came from Jack LaGue on Sandy Beach Road this morning:

Good morning Jane,
The stiff wind from the south that we had last night and this morning deposited two items on Mom's beach.
The first is an O'Brien Super Bouncer and the second is a piece of wood dock, about 7' long and 4' wide. See pictures of each below.
Can you please post these on the blog and ask that their owners call me at 476 4505? I still have my boat in the water so I could tow the bouncer to where it belongs if I just knew where that is. The dock would easily fit in a pickup truck.
Jack

We are so glad Jack and Sue are keeping a sharp eye on the water and shoreline. Things keep getting moved around - it doesn't seem to register with folks that nothing can be left to chance on their waterfronts. The wind and rising water can and will remove items that are not secured.


We are getting a strong east wind this morning. The leaves that were not stripped by the north and west winds and rain of the past couple of days are being taken down today. We've had a little sunshine struggling through the clouds, and more is promised for later today, but for now it's a dreary day. The good news is that the temperature is hovering right around 60 degrees. Fred had a nice fire in the wood stove this morning, but we're letting it go out for the rest of the day. We may need another this evening, but for now the house is very comfortable.

We're both trying to catch up after being away almost all of yesterday. I need to get back to the window curtain project, but with the mild weather, I'm not very motivated. I've been experiencing some symptoms of some kind of allergy this past week. It started a while back when I was tearing down vines and cutting back the flowers around the house. At first I thought it was a cold, but since it has persisted and never really developed into what seems to be a real cold, I'm accepting that it's some kind of allergic reaction. It's probably household dust, or wood smoke . . . or maybe Woody dander . . . which means I'll probably just do the best I can and endure the symptoms. I'm certainly not going to get rid of the cat, and while I may try to control the dust and wood smoke, for the next few months both are probably going to be a reality and I'll just have to deal with it.

Word around the pond is that there's a nice new sea wall at the Jacobs' cottage on Clubhouse Circle. We haven't seen it yet, but those who have say it's very nicely done.




No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...