Monday, May 30, 2011

The following message came this morning. Perhaps you know someone who can help - I'm sure these people are not the only ones who could use some volunteer assistance after the flooding in Cabot and other towns.
Hi,  I'm Brigid Joan Lenfest and I live at 3053 Main Street in Cabot. Three adults share the house, and we don't have the resources to deal with the flood damage.  We can use help filling in the washouts on either side of the house. If someone could dump clean fill, we can put in the labor with shovels.  I am a pretty good carpenter, a third year apprentice electrician, a good equipment operator (I operate a Bobcat at work), and a very experienced laborer. I'd be happy to help out anywhere. We're fairly new to the town (5 years), and we don't know where to go to network with people.  I'd also like to get help in preventing people from putting refuse in the washout.  

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...