Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I promise I'm not going to bore you by writing a whole lot more again today, but I wanted to share with you the pictures we took this evening when we went to check on the Ice-Out clock. The flag is still up, as you can see, the pond was clear of fog, so Fred got some pictures of the debris left by the ice fishermen, and because we saw that the water had come up some during the day, we got some pictures around our cottage of the high water. Really high and climbing. Take a look: High Water
By the way, Kate Chatot called while we were gone to let us know that Woodbury Pond's ice went out today. I've forgotten the exact formula that Chico Carcoba used to predict when Joe's Pond would go out, but it was based in part at least on when Woodbury went. After seeing the high water and with rain in the forecast, I predict the flag will be down very soon - perhaps even tomorrow. Richard Fortin is keeping close track, as are several others who chose dates right about now.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...