Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This afternoon I'm writing to make an apology to businesses in Danville for not including them when I wrote about ways to survive the Rte 2 construction this summer. I've heard from at least one merchant calling me on the carpet for it.

My effort to let people know there is life west of Joe's Pond was in no way meant to mean the businesses in Danville would be off limits for the summer or however long it takes to complete the construction. On the contrary - I'm sure they will all be there ready and able to serve customers as they always have.
No one is certain how the Rte 2 construction will impact Danville merchants, but I'm sure people who normally shop there will remain loyal customers. We don't give up established habits easily, nor do we forsake friends and business associates when the road gets a bit rough.

To anyone who may have taken offense or had concerns about what I wrote, I can only say, my intentions were good. I try to make this blog a place for readers to find helpful information. I'm indeed sorry if what I wrote seemed biased.

Rte 2 work will begin in another month or so. I'm sure the people in charge will do their best to keep traffic running smoothly throughout, with as few delays as possible; and with luck and the continued support of the community, everyone will survive and be happy with the resulting "new look" of Danville.

Here is the link to the page Mert Leonard has set up to keep everyone current with what is going on during the construction.
http://danvillevt.com/Route_2_Project.htm



No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...