Monday, October 18, 2010


Here's a photo taken at the Pope Library fund raising dinner in Danville on Saturday night. Tim and Jenness Ide hosted it at their home. Here is what Henretta Splain wrote to me today:

The Pope Library Dinner inspired by My Big Fat Greek Wedding was quite a success. All the attendees were members of the 'clean plate club'. The menu was pretty extensive with Stuffed Grape Leaves, Boureki as appetizers, moussaka, greek sofrito kabobs with tzatziki, greek salad for the entree and baklava for dessert - all homemade. Some people even had to take their baklava home in a doggy bag! Tim and Jenness Ide graciously opened their home and were charming hosts! Karen Moran contributed a moussaka that was out of this world!! It was really fun for Susan Tallman, myself and Mary Swainbank. We are setting up the calendar for next year so if you hear of anyone who might want to host one OR attend one let us know! Bill Rossi told me I should send you the picture so it's attached. Where else can you get a meal like that for $25? And the donations all go to the library!

They don't know what themes will be for next year, but I'm sure the food will be delicious. As soon as Henretta gives me their schedule, I'll post it here.

This is the Greek flag on the right. I was curious about what it looks like, so found one on the internet. The blue represents the sea, and according to what I found, can be any shade of blue. The cross represents the Greek Orthodox Church.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...