Tuesday, September 21, 2010


You all know that I frequently receive photos from readers of the blog, some s
tartlingly beautiful, some just startling. What you probably don't know is that I keep them, neatly filed on my computer, awaiting some request or need that will require that I find one and print, copy or whatever.

Tonight I decided to neaten the "My Pictures" by filing some of the photos I'd scanned or received recently, and the first one I tackled was the sunrise shot Steve Allen had just sent to me. When I dropped it into the file under "JPA Members' Photos," something caught my eye and I opened the file. The following pictures were sitting there, among several others (Steve has provided quite a few great pictures over the years), but these were almost identical except for the variation and intensity of the colors. Then I looked at the dates. Top photo was taken on September 13, 2006, at 6:16 a.m. The middle one was taken on September 22, 2009, at 6:35 a.m., and the last one was taken on September 16, 2010, at 6:48 a.m. Pretty much the same location, weather patterns very similar, gorgeous colors.

I don't know about you, but I find this pretty interesting.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...